Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:13:08 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

Hi William,

>> But what happens with the tooltips if there's no cursor?
>
> What kind of tooltips would it show?
>
> Hmm, it won't work here. (maybe since carbon emacs is broken..)
>
> ,----
> | Error while displaying tooltip: (wrong-type-argument frame-live-p #<dead
> frame tooltip 0x62bb190>)
> | Page 1 of 4.
> `----

The second line is what the tooltip should show and it works here.  So
it seems to be a problem with the carbon port.

>> My last patch, that makes doc-view the default viewer for pdf/ps/dvi
>> files uses only the filename.  You can get the patch from my mail
>> <address@hidden>.  There you don't use `doc-view'
>> anymore, but simply find the file using C-x C-f.
>
> Nice. I wonder why this is not commited into the trunk..

It'll be committed when RMS says so. ;-)

But it'll help if people (YOU!) apply the patch and give feedback if it
works.

>>> 3. Add auto-revert-mode support?
>>
>> I don't know if that's a good idea.  a-r-m checks files periodically
>> and reverts if something changed.
>
> When i'm generating .pdf from .tex, i thought it would be useful if
> the generated .pdf file buffer could be refreshed automatically.

Indeed, this could be useful, but I'll wait till the path makes it into
CVS before addressing new feature requests in order to keep the patch
small and easy to review.

Bye,
Tassilo