Re: messages override minibuffer input

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: messages override minibuffer input
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:23:09 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes, but the difference with the way I read (quickly) your function is
> fundamental: `help-at-pt-maybe-display' _does_ override a "Quit"
> message and this is absolutely necessary for correct functioning.
> So at least this function should be left as is.

I don't claim that my suggested implementation is final; perhaps a way to
override certain existing messages could be included.  (One could already
simply let-bind the variable `optional-message' to pretend that "Quit" was
the last one, but that would fail when the existing message was some other
optional message to be overwritten.  As a kludge, one could call
`optional-message' with and without the let-binding, but at that point the
existing implementation is probably better.)

Davis

shipping.