Re: weird desktop.el change

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: weird desktop.el change
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:22:14 +0900

Richard Matthew Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>     Er, OK...  does such a trivial and purely mechanical change really
>     count?  What if I make an equivalent change now?
>
> It isn't purely mechanical, and if you made the same change because you
> saw Kevin's, it would be copying.

The process of substituting "mapc" for "mapcar" when the result isn't
used is not only a hugely widespread tweak in the lisp community (a "no
brainer" as you might call it), indeed it's an obvious optimization for
even a very stupid lisp compiler...

I think in no way could it be said to be require any creative thinking.

-Miles

--
/\ /\
(^.^)