Re: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: map-y-or-n does not use minibuffer-prompt face]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:58:56 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
          isearch:  already uses minibuffer-prompt
    query-replace:  already uses minibuffer-prompt (except in loop; should)
         y-or-n-p:  already uses minibuffer-prompt
     map-y-or-n-p:  does not use minibuffer-prompt (but should)
Sorry, but there is a misunderstanding. What you should look at is
rather minibuffer-prompt-properties. That specifies which font to
use. The default is to use minibuffer-prompt face.

What exactly are you saying?  That you think those places should use
`minibuffer-prompt-properties' instead of using a hard-wired set of
prompt properties [e.g.  '(face minibuffer-prompt)]?

I'd agree with that, but it's hardly clear from this thread that you
mean that or not.

-Miles

Sorry, I thought I just said that those places should use `minibuffer-prompt-properties'.

And I wonder what made my answer hard to understand. If you want to you may very well tell me, off list perhaps. (It is the second time I tried to say that it looks to me like minibuffer-prompt-properties is the variable that is meant to specify the face for prompt.)