Re: tramp and diff-mode results in Emacs crash

From: Dale Sedivec
Subject: Re: tramp and diff-mode results in Emacs crash
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:14:38 -0500

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 02:30:37PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     - With Emacs and TRAMP both from Emacs' CVS, TRAMP had a problem that
>       prevented me from attempting to reproduce the crash.
>
> That problem is the bug we need to work on.  Have you sent a full report
> for that bug?  If not, please do.
>
> Once that is fixed, we will see if the other bug still exists.

        OK, I tried Emacs CVS checked out today, February 25th, at
16:25:45 EST, and TRAMP is working again.  I can now reproduce my bug
using the same procedure described previously:

- ~/software/emacs22/bin/emacs -q
- C-x C-f /10.0.1.169:foo.rej RET
- C-c C-u

        I see only "Back to top level."  The diff is unmodified by the
command.  Menus stop working, C-x C-b says "Back to top level." or
nothing, C-x b alternates between "S" and "Back to top level." in the
minibuffer without ever letting me change buffers, etc.

        So this bug exists in Emacs from CVS using the included TRAMP
2.0.55.

Dale