copyrights to be fixed [was Re: Patch: AREF -vs- ASET]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: copyrights to be fixed [was Re: Patch: AREF -vs- ASET]
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 03:59:02 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     > The main thing that needs doing is to clear up the copyright and
>     > license situation on a surprisingly large number of files.
>
>     Are all of those mentioned in admin/notes/copyright?
>
> I think so.  Glenn, can you make an authoritative statement?

I can authoritatively say that it mentions all the issues I know about
at present. People can ask me if they need more details on any
particular issue.

(with-pessimism Though it's entirely possible other people could find
more such issues than I did. It would be "fun" to cross-reference all
non-tiny changelog entries against copyright.list sometime).

It would be a big help if anyone could assist with the many image
files in etc/images, none of which have any real legal information
that I could see. I still want to ask the lawyer if there is such a
thing as a "trivial" image which does not need a copyright; but
clearly listing the provenance of all the images there would be a good
start, I think.