Re: Image mode

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:45:39 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/5/07, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> In fact, I find the current issue of image auto-detection pretty silly.
>
> Image auto-detection, or image security protection?

I was unclear.

The "current issue" is that doing C-x C-f etc/gnus.pbm opens the file
in "binary" mode, ready to be edited.  Event hitting C-c C-c asks me to
confirm what I really want to view it.  IMO, that's "pretty silly".

> The two issues are conflated, though image auto-detection as it works
> now seems reasonable (though I wouldn't object to its scrapping if
> someone proposes anything better, of course).

Yes, auto-detection as such seems to be ok -- the only problem is to
solve ambiguities (to me Chong's latest approach looks promising).