Re: Binding F11 and F12 to buffer-switching and file-saving by default

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Binding F11 and F12 to buffer-switching and file-saving by default
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:47:52 +0100

Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Could we at least bind compile/recompile to some key combo, even if
>>> not to F12?
>>
>> I have no opinion on that.
>>

> Enhancing Emacs' usability is a good idea. Respecting
> better the needs of none-programmers could gain support
> from a growing community.

Function key bindings are contentious enough that I don't think we
should press a particular set.

I think that once customization themes work reasonably well (possibly
even having the possibility to have them mode-dependent?) and we have
found a way to cover keybindings as well, having themes mimicking
various IDEs as well as possibly designing our own native set would be
somewhat natural.

But at the current point of time, I don't think that there is one
binding worth pressing on everyone.

--
David Kastrup