Re: Binding F11 and F12 to buffer-switching and file-saving by default

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Binding F11 and F12 to buffer-switching and file-saving by default
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:51:13 +0100

On 1/30/07, Jason Spiro <address@hidden> wrote:

I suspect that one of the most popular uses of Emacs is programming.

Yeah. That doesn't mean people use compile/recompile. I almost never
use it, and I do use Emacs to do programming.

Yes. I wonder if people have ever studied the issue, for example,
usability researchers.

A good question.

Yes, but as Stefan mentions in his reply to this message, we should at
least bind F11 and F12 to *something*.

I don't agree. Free, simple keys are a relatively scarce resource. I'd
rather keep them for users.

                   /L/e/k/t/u