Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:51:47 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>       * emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el (byte-compile-disable-print-circle): New
>       variable.

I think it's better to use a "positive" name, like
`byte-compile-print-circle' (defaulting to t).

Then it's more natural regardless of the default value (I can imagine
that we might decide to change that later), whereas names like
"...-disable-..." really only sound right if their default value is nil.

-Miles

--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'