Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:23:47 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Thanks. I am using a TFT display, but do you know if this could difference
>> happen because of a somewhat bad display driver too?
>
> Also a TFT display driven via a VGA rather than DVI connection can look
> seriously blurry, depending on the circumstances (especially if you go
> through a KVM switch).

My current LCD display (NEC 1760V) is driven from the analogue VGA
connector, but apparently has a good syncing circuit/algorithm because
it seems almost indistinguishable from a digitally driven display --
however some of the VGA-driven LCDs I've seen in stores have been
absolutely awful.

[Of course I'm assuming Lennart is using the right resolution for his
display; if not, it will look horrible no matter what....]

-Miles
--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at
least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like.  Otherwise the