Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:22:57 +0100

Please note that what you sent is an captured screen image
which is what your computer want to display, not the actual
image you see on your screen.

So it may be displayed badly on a ill-tuned display, but
displayed clearly on a well-tuned display.

I can verify that this can indeed be the case. Earlier this week I was
testing Windows Vista at a collegue's computer and when running it I
wondered why all colors were so ugly? They were all very "white" or
"bleached". I thought "Was this the best they could come up with?" It
turned out, of course, that his flat-screen was totally messed up, the
colours looked bad in Windows XP as well.

Also, Lennart, maybe you need glasses? :) Seriously, I though my
screen was blurry for a couple of years before I discovered I had
astigmatism...