Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:49:56 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
> Copies-To: None
> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 12:12:06 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Aha, and how many more years would you be willing to wait for the
> > release of Emacs 22.1?
>
> Does anyone care?

Obviously, I do.  And a few others do as well, including Richard, I
believe.

> How many seasoned emacs users out there have not
> been running emacs-cvs or emacs-snapshot for some years now?

Releasing an official version has benefits that cannot be had by
grabbing the CVS code.  And I have no doubts that many users would
hesitate to install a development version, or even build their own
from sources.  Not everyone is a hacker.