Re: Patch: Show signature state in encrypted messages using pgg

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Patch: Show signature state in encrypted messages using pgg
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:26:53 +0100

On Sun, Nov 12 2006, Sascha Wilde wrote:

>> At least XEmacs 21.4 does not have compare-strings.
>
> Sure?

As David already pointed out: XEmacs 21.4 not Emacs 21.

[...]

,----[ (info "(gnus)Emacsen") ]
| Gnus should work on:
|
|    * Emacs 21.1 and up.
|
|    * XEmacs 21.4 and up.
|
|    This Gnus version will absolutely not work on any Emacsen older than
| that.  Not reliably, at least.  Older versions of Gnus may work on older
| Emacs versions.  Particularly, Gnus 5.10.8 should also work on Emacs
| 20.7 and XEmacs 21.1.
`----

As we want to keep the Gnus version in Emacs 22 in sync with the v5-10
branch (Gnus 5.10.x), we still want compatibility with Emacs 21 and
XEmacs 21.4.  But we have dropped support for Emacs 20.7 and XEmacs
21.1 after the release of Gnus 5.10.8:

,----
| 2006-04-17  Reiner Steib  <address@hidden>
|
|       * gnus.texi (Emacsen): Don't support Emacs 20.7 and XEmacs 21.1.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,