Re: Another keybinding nit for afterwards

From: Neil Roberts
Subject: Re: Another keybinding nit for afterwards
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:43:38 +0000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:58:30PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> C-y only yanks the top of the kill stack, nothing else.  A prefix
> argument will just get used as a multiplicator, like with
> self-insert-command.

Can I suggest that a similar change be made for insert-register? At
the moment the prefix argument makes insert-register leave the point
after the inserted text, but you could still acheive the same affect
with very few extra keystrokes by typing 'C-x x' after the insert to
swap the point and mark. Using the prefix to make it insert multiple
copies seems more intuitive and is like vi.

- Neil