RE: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:58:57 -0700

     > GNU won't use my text, because my employer won't sign papers.

    But presumably if you contribute in your own time from a separate e-mail
    address they wouldn't need to sign papers.

Someone knowledgeable can speak to that (I'm not a lawyer), but I doubt it.
I have offered code previously, explaining that it was created outside of
work (even years before I was employed), but that is not good enough.

IIUC, GNU does not want to take the chance that an employer might claim that
a contribution was made in the context of employment.