Re: [bug]org-mode with flyspell-mode freezes emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [bug]org-mode with flyspell-mode freezes emacs
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:40:33 -0400

    I have not been able to do this well, the results are very confusing to
    me, I sometimes end up in the garbage collection, sometimes in search
    functions like looking-at-1 or search-buffer.

This problem is not in GC.  We know that GC is simply being called
over and over.  So if it is in GC when you stop it, just continue and
stop it again.  Only the cases outside GC are interesting.

    A typical lisp backtrace looks like this:

    Lisp Backtrace:
    "flyspell-get-word" (0x3800209)
    "flyspell-word-search-backward" (0x1add4e3)
    "flyspell-word" (0x3800209)
    "flyspell-post-command-hook" (0x0)
    "run-hooks" (0x3809c69)

    or

    Lisp Backtrace:
    "re-search-forward" (0x1b0d1b3)

This proves that the loop is in a loop that calls re-search-forward,
but not re-search-forward.  However, the loop in flyspell-get-word
does not call re-search-forward.

I think that means that the loop is in a higher level frame.

Can you use the Lisp debugger to arrange to stop on returning
to the various frames, and then continue, and thus see which
frames get returned to?