Re: asm-mode patch to allow per-file comment character setting from file

From: Alastair Houghton
Subject: Re: asm-mode patch to allow per-file comment character setting from file locals
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:36:29 +0100

On 12 Jun 2006, at 23:58, David Kastrup wrote:

Alastair Houghton <address@hidden> writes:

On 12 Jun 2006, at 14:12, David Kastrup wrote:

Files set from a file local variables block are made buffer-local,
anyway.

Which isn't stated in the Elisp info documentation (which I *did*
read),

File local variable blocks are not documented in the Elisp manual at
all.  They are a user-level feature.

*My* copy of the Elisp manual has a node entitled "File Local Variables". It seems to me that that should be the documentation for file local variables
from an Elisp perspective.

I'll leave replying to you to others in future.

That's your prerogative, of course.