Re: delete-process bug

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: delete-process bug
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:29:14 +0200

> Thanks for working on this.  I agree that `live_deleted_processes'
> is a good name.  ("Zombie process" has a different meaning.)
>
> However, maybe there is still a race condition.  Suppose the signal
> comes in the middle of the line
>
>     +      live_deleted_processes = Fcons (make_number (p->pid),
>     +                               /* GC previous elements.  */
>     +                               Fdelq (Qnil, live_deleted_processes));
>
> Suppose it comes between there and the call to remove_process?
> Does the right thing happen in all these cases?

I think so. In fact, synchronous  process will be said to be dead, but
as we  are calling at this  moment delete-process, we  are not working
with any synchronous processes.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |   All your base are belong to us.      |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |     You have no change to survive      |