Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:40:47 +0200

   I see.  I don't use dired-x.  Well maybe another letter then, assuming
dired-x
   hasn't used the rest of the alphabet.

You don't have to worry about dired-x; it isn't an official part of
Dired.  People maintain that if they are interested.

Was the above a vote for using "I d" instead of "C-t d" etc? I would
like to keep my C-t <char> bindings, but that is, of course, because I
am used to them... The number of keypresses are the same (Shift + i
and then d vs Ctrl + t and then d), so "I d" etc would of course work
too.

Otoh, if people use dired-x, it will break the thumbnail bindings. Do
we want to mess with that, even if it is not an oficial part of Dired?