Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:27:40 +0200

Jan Djärv wrote:

Toolkits in general doesn't choose accelerators, the programmers of the applications that uses the toolkit does. However, many menu entries are similar in a lot of applications (Open/Save/Copy/Paste/...) so we can choose those to be similar.
For the record: This holds for w32 menus too.

You say this is "harder in Lucid".  Why is that?  Do the Lucid menus
support navigating within a menu with the keyboard using accelerators?
If not, then the arrow key solution you have already implemented is as
compatible as any other would be.

The lucid toolkit does not have support for accelerators, but the arrow and RET selection support is there.
w32 menus has accelerators and if I do not misremember they are choosen in a way rather similar to some X toolkits (but I need more education there).