Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:02:17 +0200

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

The patch is coherent in that it implements opening menus on F10,
which is standard for many toolkits.

Which is good.

Another way to activate menus is with accelerator keys, usually Alt +
the first letter in the menu entry (the letter in question is
underlined in the menu). That would be Alt+F for File.

I press Alt-F to get M-f ...   How is that going to co-exit?

As I wrote: "... and of course only use accelerator keys if Alt is different from Meta."

The suggestion to use the menu key that exists on some keyboards can be implemented, so for your setup, you would have to use Menu-F.

        Jan D.