Re: play-sound-file & esd

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: play-sound-file & esd
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:19:19 -0400

> * Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2006-05-17 16:07:51 -0400]:
>
>     Maybe a solution would be to make it possible to configure an external
>     player command, when the internal method is not suficient?
>
> If that works, it is good.  For instance, if working thru esd can be
> done conveniently by forking an external program, that would be an ok
> implementation.

we are going in circles.
I already said before (in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel:53961):

if esd just happens not to be running at the moment, then esdplay will
just hang.  i.e., before running esdplay, one has to ensure that esd is
up and running (and is in a workable state).

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://ffii.org http://honestreporting.com http://iris.org.il http://pmw.org.il