Praise for Emacs 22 from a user

From: Ralph Moritz
Subject: Praise for Emacs 22 from a user
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 22:12:37 +0200

Hello,

  I'm an Emacs user of around 4 years, and although I'd name my
first child after this most omniscient of editors, many of my
friends abhor Emacs. Thankfully, version 22 addresses many
of their concerns.

  I now feel confident that when I present Emacs to friends
and colleagues, they will not immediately be put off by a
smelly interface.

  Thanks to everyone who has worked to make Emacs more
attractive and accessible; you've done us all a great
favour, and I salute you. I hope that when v22 is released
it will be the start of an "Emacs renaissance" :-)

Regards,
Ralph

PS. Do you think v22 will be ready before the Ubuntu
    Dapper release? I'd love to see and updated Emacs
    bundled with Dapper.

--
Ralph Moritz
< ralphm AT members DOT fsf DOT org >