Re: Tool-bar icons with disabled/selected states not displayed (Carbon p

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Tool-bar icons with disabled/selected states not displayed (Carbon port)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 09:39:13 +0900

>> I suspect the issue is in displaying "s1.dis.xpm" simply, rather
>> than in general disabled image handling.  Can you show its
>> contents?

> Sure, these are the two files. Generated with ImageMagick.

> However, I'm getting the same effect with the other toolbar buttons
> that I've replaced.

Don't they contain `.' in their variable_name part (the part between
"static char *" and "[]" in the second line)?

The file "s1.dis.xpm" contains the following line:

  static char *saveas.dis[] = {

The specification of XPM (http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/doc/xpm.PS) does
not explicitly state the syntax of the variable_name.  But I think it
is reasonable to assume that it coincides with that of identifiers in
C or C++, because XPM is designed so as to be included in these
languages.  (Chapter 2 starts with "The XPM format presents a C
syntax".)

I could display s1.dis.xpm if the variable_name part is replaced with
`saveas_dis'.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden