Re: Inconsistent use of align/indent comments in info

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Inconsistent use of align/indent comments in info
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:36:02 -0400

Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency.  "Indentation"
refers to whitespace at the start of a line; thus, in general,
comments are aligned, not indented, but comments that do not
follow code may be described as "indented".  I've corrected
the text to follow that rule.

The command name comment-indent should really be comment-align, and
the variable names c-indent-comment-alist,
c-indent-comments-syntactically-p, and comment-indent-function really
ought to say "align" instead of "indent".  Perhaps we should make
new aliases for them.