Re: Inconsistency in whole buffer buttons.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Inconsistency in whole buffer buttons.
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:55:04 +0100

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Stallman wrote:
>
>    I think it is best if none of the buffer buttons
>    asks for confirmation in a single-option buffer.
>
> I have implemented this and installed it in CVS.

Personally, I'd use a different criterion: ask for confirmation if the
operation would change more than a single option, regardless of how
many options there are in the buffer.

And warn if the operation does not change any option (like when
prospective options are hidden).

I don't know how feasible this is, but I think that would more or less
be what I consider as natural.