Re: Inconsistency in whole buffer buttons.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Inconsistency in whole buffer buttons.
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:48:49 -0500

    But there is a difference in single option buffers.  The way I
    implemented "Erase Customization", it does _not_ ask for confirmation
    in single option buffers.  The others do.  The behavior should be made
    uniform in single option buffers one way or the other.  I could easily
    make the behavior uniform in either way.

I think it is best if none of the buffer buttons
asks for confirmation in a single-option buffer.

    So my idea for after the release would be:

    Single option buffers: all current State Menu items become whole
    buffer buttons (some under a heading "Advanced"), no State button.

I don't like that idea.  I think that an option should look the same
whether there are other options in the buffer or not.

    Multiple-option buffer: whole buffer buttons and other whole buffer
    functionality only available upon setting a defcustomed option,
    disabled by default.

I don't think I like that.