Re: smart-frame-positioning

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: smart-frame-positioning
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:33:12 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     I've got a mode here that positions newly opened frames
>     `intelligently' by looking at the position of the current frame.
>
> It sounds nice.

It also sounds something which probably would need to work with window
manager hints and stuff in order to play nice on most systems.  Given
that it is an optional package, however, I don't see much harm in
putting it in.  That's probably the easiest way to check out that it
can provide a useful addition on more than one platform.