smart-frame-positioning

From: David Reitter
Subject: smart-frame-positioning
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:34:24 +0000

Hi there,

I've got a mode here that positions newly opened frames `intelligently' by looking at the position of the current frame. It also keeps track of where users have moved frames before they're closed (deleted) so that frames with the same name (i.e. showing the same buffer initially) will open in the same position. These are functions a window manager can't take care of. I've written this for Aquamacs because I was annoyed by frames always opening in overlapping positions. If you have a setup where a lot of frames open, e.g. one for each buffer visiting a file, you appreciate the mode.

Is this something people would be interested to accept into Emacs? In that case, I would prepare a package.

Cheers
David