Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:08:50 -0600 (CST)

Bill Wohler wrote:

   > Show Face for This Display
   > Show Face for All Displays

   I think that would be fine too.

   You didn't like my even shorter "View This Display" idea? Or "Show This
   Display"?

I think the added "Face for" makes things clearer.

Anyway, I believe that "Show Lisp Expression" should be
"Show Current Lisp expression", to prevent an obvious source of confusion:
for variables, the _saved_ (or standard if no saved) Lisp expression
is shown, for faces, the _current_ Lisp expression.  If we do that,
the Menu has to be wide enough to accomodate  "Show Current Lisp Expression"
anyway.  Proposed Face State Menu to complement the previously
proposed Variable State Menu:

Set for Current Session
Save for Future Sessions
Reset to Saved
Erase Customization
------------------------
Add Commment
Show Face for This Display
Show Face for All Displays
Show Current Lisp Expression

I wonder why faces do not have a "Undo Edits" (currently "Reset to Current")
State item, like variables do.  It would be useful and I believe that
it would be easy enough to add one.

Sincerely,

Luc.