Re: Saving minibuffer history

From: Hrvoje Niksic
Subject: Re: Saving minibuffer history
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:04:29 +0200

I've now given the minor mode a try.  I used your basic idea with some
minor changes:

* Code it using add-minor-mode to make it XEmacs-compatible.

* Make `savehist-load' an obsolete alias for (savehist-mode 1).

I also imported your change that empty minibuffer histories are not
saved, but restricted it to minibuffer histories.  While at it, made
savehist-length not apply to savehist-additional-variables.

As usual, the latest version is available at
<http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/savehist.el>.

Thanks for your help.