Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:01:55 +1000

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> It's a bug of tar-mode.  Thank you for noticing it.  I've
> just installed a fix.  But, I can't reproduce it in
> archive-mode.  Please send me a minimum *.zip file that
> reproduces that bug.

Sample x.tar and x.zip below, containing gtk 1.2 vi.po in tcvn-5712.
Visiting from the .zip gives an error,

        Opening input file: no such file or directory, /tmp/vi.po

Visiting from the .tar gives no error but leaves C-h C saying
`raw-text-unix' and apparent garbage in the buffer.  (I just
cvs-up'ed, not sure if my build is hitting your last change though.)

Be sure not to have a vi.po in the current directory, or the po
functions will open and use that, making it look like they work.