Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:29:38 -0400

    Yes, but let me first make sure I understand.  Is the reason that we
    do not want _any_ symbol as car of the list that forbidding _any_
    symbol as car of the list actually seems _more natural_ than just
    forbidding lambda?

Right.  It is not clean to make an exception for "lambda".
It is clean to make an exception for lists of symbols.

       I agree, test-completion should be fixed.  Would you like
       to fix that?

    There are several ways to do that.  The easiest one would probably be
    to make assoc-string be able to handle symbols as well as strings.
    But maybe that would be too radical?

I think that would be ok.  Since its basic purpose is to operate on strings,
it could operate on symbols as if they were strings.