Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:56:10 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       The problem is that try-completion and friends try to handle both
       lists of symbols and anonymous lambda expressions.

   Looking at the code, I don't think they do.  It does not try to
   handle a list of symbols--and, because of the conflict you mentioned,
   it should not try.

   I think we should document that a simple list of symbols is NOT
   allowed, but that you can add "" as the first element to make that
   list into a legitimate completion table.

But what about the other problem I mentioned.  Should
`test-completion' not one way or the other be made consistent with
`try-completion' and `all-completions'.  Kim adapted the latter two to
handle symbols in alists and hash tables, but not test-completion.
Thereby, the former symmetry between the three is gone.

Sincerely,

Luc.