Re: ?\ vs. ?\s

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ?\ vs. ?\s
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:28:37 +0200

> > Much as I'd like to hear "no" to the first question, I'd assume a
> > resounding "yes". So...
>
> YES.

Humm. Yes meaning "OK to change" or yes meaning "Not OK" to change?
Because in my question, "yes" meant "yes, I'm gonna be very pissed if
you change it" :)

> However, be careful not to change code which is supposed to be
> used on other emacsen too...

That's the usual problem. As I see it:

 - OK to change:
   lisp/* (non-recursive)
   lisp/calc/*
   lisp/calendar/*
   lisp/emacs-lisp/*
   lisp/emulation/*
   lisp/international/*
   lisp/language/*
   lisp/net/* except lisp/net/tramp*
   lisp/obsolete/*
   lisp/play/*
   lisp/term/*
   lisp/toolbar/*
   lisp/url/*

 - Not OK to change:
   lisp/eshell/*
   lisp/gnus/*
   lisp/mh-e/*
   lisp/net/tramp*

 - Not sure:
   lisp/mail/*
   lisp/progmodes/* (in particular cc-*, ada*, idlw*)
   lisp/textmodes/* ("       "     artist, *spell, org, reftex*)

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u