Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:31:01 +0900

On 6/23/05, John S. Yates, Jr. <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> They experience it instead as a confidence building
> >> feature
> >
> >Who's this "they"?
>
> My bad.  Earlier I wrote "... in the CUA world ...".  The unclear
> "they" was meant to refer to those working primarily with GUI
> applications conforming to some variant of CUA, be it MS Windows
> Mac OS or some X-based desktop

Yeah I kind of assumed that.  My question was more as to how you know
what "they" want/like[*].  It seems reasonably clear that the
different models will lead to some confusion when switching between
them, but is there really evidence of some inherent preference?

It seems to me that both models are convenient/comforting in some
situations and annoying/restrictive in others.

[*] Who is this "we", white man?!?

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.