Re: debug-on-entry question

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: debug-on-entry question
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:50:12 -0400

    For post-release: it would be good to rewrite the function
    `call-interactively' in Lisp which will allow easy modification of
    reading arguments according to code letters (e.g. in this particular
    case adding a call to `function-called-at-point' for the code letter `a').

I think that would be messy and unnecessary.  I would rather keep the
present scheme: code letters for doing something standard, and pure
Lisp code for everything else.