Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmat

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:56:19 +0100

>     I believe the logical structure Miles first suggested (essentially the
> first
>     one above) with the enhancement above with a single "Get All"-button is
> the
>     best. It gives the possibility to preview the values before setting them.
>
> Yes, it does that.  However, it is also more cumbersome to use.

The problem with "S => C,F" compared to "S => F" is that you may have
saved a set of parameters that does something stupid (e.g. select
black on black text for the default font).

Being able to load such values and edit them before saving them
is very useful.

I don't know if "S =>" imply that we actually read the values from the
custom-file (e.g. .emacs) or if it just restores the value that was
initially read from that file, or the last value that was written by
this emacs to that file.

If it implies reading from the file, this could be used to load
values from a diffent custom-file (to see what they are) before
actually using them.

> Perhaps we should ask the users which one they prefer.

I prefer "S => F" with a message in the echo area telling the
user to use "Set All" to apply the values.