Re: AW: AW: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combinationwithvc-cvs-stay

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: AW: AW: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combinationwithvc-cvs-stay-local is t
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:44:25 +0100

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:21 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> >Function vc-state uses a cached value of the vc-state property (via
> >vc-file-getprop).  This value gets recomputed in the course of
> >revert-buffer, which is a sensible thing to do, I would think?
>
> Yes, seems to be sensible... but how is this done - i took a look
> at after-revert-hook, but no special entry for vc - so how VC ensures
> that the cached value is recomputed by revert-buffer?

It happens in vc-find-file-hook, which clears all the properties.  Also,
when finding a CVS-controlled file, that immediately yields the new
value for vc-state, from CVS/Entries.

Aside: Please don't use HTML formatting when writing to emacs-devel.
Also, questions such as this are perhaps better discussed in personal
e-mail, since this is really just about understanding what the current
code does.