Revised lisp/progmodes/flymake.el

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Revised lisp/progmodes/flymake.el
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:37:26 +0800

Reading FOR-RELEASE, I fuond it's desirable to revise flymake.el to
conform with Emacs Lisp Coding Conventions. Though my ELISP knowledge is
very limited, I think I can have a try for this too hard job.

Attached is a revised flymake.el. What I have done includes:
1. Removed XEmacs compatibility code. I think it does not make sense to
maintain XEmacs compatibility with Emacs bundled files.

2. Following Coding Conventions to remove close-parentheses on lines by
   themselves.

3. Restructure and rewrite document strings to tips for documentation
   strings.
But for some functions that I dont know their purposes, I just
capitalized the first letter and add period at the end.

4. Add eval-when-compile to one occurence or (require 'compile).

5. To accomodate documentation string, I changed function
flymake-get-common-path-prefix from
flymake-get-common-path-prefix (string-one string-two)
flymake-get-common-path-prefix (path1 path2)
and change the code to use new arg names.

Though as an ELISP newbie, I think flymake.el is coded badly. Just wish
my work can be help to real gurus to make a clean file.
At least there is no compilation errors/warnings for my revised file.

这去者,不能见他的脸,背影模糊。