Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: y-or-n-p-with-timeout
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:05:34 -0500

    This should only be needed where we BLOCK_INPUT for a longer time, and
    the places I know of are menus and dialogs.  Are there any other
    operations that needs to be considered?  I'm fixing menus and dialogs
    right now.

Menus and dialogs are the only places I know of.
Emacs might sometimes wait longer when trying to read a file
if the data is really coming from the network; but
the file-reading code isn't reentrant so we can't run timers
then.