Re: New easymenu behavior

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New easymenu behavior
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 04:52:19 -0500

    How do you tell easy-menu-add-item to use menu item names instead of
    internal names?  The following works with XEmacs but not with Emacs:

    (easy-menu-add-item
      nil
      '("File")
      '("Submmenu"
        ["item1" ignore]
        ["item2" ignore]))

The bug here was caused by the fact that the standard menu
whose name is File used `files' as the symbol.  They do not correspond.

I changed it to `file' in menu-bar.el so that it corresponds.
Now that example does work correctly.

Meanwhile, reverting to the 21.1 definition of easy-menu-intern would
work correctly if we also change all the menu-bar symbols that are
specified explicitly to look just like the menu item string.