Last change to process.c breaks fetching pop3 mail (gnus/pop3.el)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Last change to process.c breaks fetching pop3 mail (gnus/pop3.el)
Date: 31 May 2004 00:34:15 +0200

Hi Noah,

I have very severe problems fetching mail from my POP3 mailboxes after
the following change was installed:

2004-05-28  Noah Friedman  <address@hidden>

        * process.c (Fdelete_process): Do not call remove_process.

In essense, Gnus manages to fetch one or two articles and then it stalls,
in some loop with accept-process-output and searching for \r\n in the buffer.

Undoing the above change makes it work again.

What (real world) problem was that change supposed to fix ?

Probably it must be fixed in another way that doesn't break existing code.

++kfs