Re: convert-standard-filename's doc

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: convert-standard-filename's doc
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 02:49:05 +0200

On 28 May 2004 12:21:24 -0400, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Redefine with defadvice.  It's the only half-robust way to do it.

Yeah, I already have about a dozen defadvice's in my .emacs.

But sometimes you just want to change a small thing inside a function
(for example, to take out the downcasing on help-default-arg-highlight).
No amount of defadvising is going to help here; at most you can do an
around advice and just don't use ad-do-it, and then there's no gain wrt
just redefining the function in the first place.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u