Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace
Date: 19 May 2004 10:53:34 -0400

> No, and I don't see that it makes sense, given that these features are
> ideosyncratic for specific modes.  If every major mode, or many of them,
> had some sort of electric backspace, it would make sense to have
> a uniform way to turn them on.  But they don't.

I think that many modes don't have them because they're not crucial and/or
their author wouldn't use it, not because it doesn't make sense for that
major mode.
AFAIK cc-modes were the only ones to offer hungry delete, yet that didn't
mean it had to stay that way.  I think the same applies to "delete one
indentation step".

        Stefan