Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:08:41 -0700

    Stefan> I'd suggest that if we start fiddling with such code,
    Stefan> we introduce a generic way to electrify backspace.
    Stefan> Otherwise people who want it need to enable it
    Stefan> separately (and differently) for each and every major
    Stefan> mode they use.

How about another mode-specific layer analogous to the way
`indent-line-function' specifies how indent-according-to-mode
works.  `electric-delete-backwards-function' can specify how
`electric-delete-backwards' works.  That way a user can bind DEL
to `electric-delete-backwards' and not have to figure out per-mode
how to do it.

The default can be something that acts like cc-mode's
c-electric-backspace.

--
Karl 2004-05-18 11:02