Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:28:01 -0500 (CDT)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   Of course, I think that you observed it to fail from
   tramp-open-connection-setup-interactive-shell, so I must be missing
   something somewhere :-|

Only on Solaris actually (Solaris2.8, more precisely).  Strangely,
exporting does _not_ seem necessary on GNU/Linux.  So _maybe_ Solaris' sh
uses a subshell for something bash uses no subshell for.  I just
observed facts empirically.   I do not understand them.

Sincerely,

Luc.