Re: next-error-last-buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: next-error-last-buffer
Date: 13 May 2004 13:57:52 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>    (display-buffer outbuf nil t)
>                               ^--- consider windows on all frames
>
> Why should compilation insist on switching frames?  Shouldn't
> `display-buffer-reuse-frames' define the user preference instead?

It's not `switching frames', it's _using_ an existing compilation buffer
in a different frame.

This is good -- the previous behavior (which didn't do that) was very
annoying: if you happened to have a *compilation* buffer displayed in
another frame, starting a compilation would none-the-less insist on
popping up another window in _this_ frame, resulting in two redundant
windows showing the *compilation* buffer.

> So I think `display-buffer' should use the default values:

No.

-Miles
--
=====