Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:21:54 -0400

    Perhaps this patch ought to add Lisp variables to set the escape
    codes, but there is already a (slightly obscure) way to set them
    through the termcap file or $TERMCAP.

I think we should have both interfaces.  It is good to look in the
termcap entry, but xterm is important and we can't expect its termcap
entry to be fixed soon.  So we should create a mechanism that
lisp/term/xterm.el can use to supply the correct information.

Can you do that?